Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The laughs.

I used to think that family was supposed to be the most supportive people in your life. I used to think that no matter what - there was always those family members who would be there when you fell and needed a lift back up. I guess I was wrong. 

I am not going to say who, but this person, for the past few days has laughed in my face when talking to them about my goals and how I am planning on achieving them. Then to get laughed at? Guess what - results do NOT happen over night! I am so over all the laughs, the looks and the stares... I barely have the support that most people have. I was hoping that family would be the ones to support me the most.... UHG!

My family means the world to me but not having their support hurts. My hunny bought me my first bible today. I will be using this for inspiration and guidance in my journey. This is not going to be easy and this is going to take a lot of focus and drive for me to complete. I have taken to keeping a log of what I eat now to and I am working on changing my recipes to be healthier and better for our bodies.

My rant is going on and on and I know this but to everyone out there - please stop pointing, staring. laughing and talking about overweight people. You do not know that persons situation. Some people have medical issues where it is hard for them to even maintain the weight they are at much less loose it. They need support. They need positive reinforcement. Do not tell an overweight person that something is bad for them - trust me because they already know. Do not tell them that they need to do something for their health - trust me because they already know.  There is so much that an overweight person knows that you will not believe. We hear all your laughs and whispers. We see your points and coaching your kids not to stare. There is soo much we can do as a community to be more supportive of overweight people instead of classifying us! Weight-loss products are expensive and damnit a cheeseburger is cheaper than the salad that we need!

We need to step up together and help each other achieve our goals. It hurts some of us to do our workouts. It makes it hard to walk sometimes. Sure - in the end the pain is SSOOOO worth it but it can be such a deterrent for us overweight people.

All in all - family reach out to your overweight family members who are talking to you about their goals and SUPPORT them. Do not put in your two cents unless asked for it. Offer to do a class with them or go for a walk with them if they are talking about it. You would be amazed at how much that will change a person point of view and feel more empowered to do what they need to do to get on the right track! I am in this position and would just like to have that one person come out of no where and walk with me and the kids one night, or do a zumba workout with me, or even help me with stretches or yoga.. i mean there is sooo much a person can do - even a simple text to say " Hey, you can do it! I am right there with you!". Someone who will just help me with what I need to do! Support is an amazing thing and can help people accomplish things they did not think they could accomplish!


Okay I am done for now. There will be more on this. I want to bring awareness for everyone and try and get more support and compassion. Weight-loss is very expensive and sometimes it is out of reach for sooooo many people - so the little things mean so very much to people! I did not start this to become an inspiration figure to anyone, but I think I should. I will offer support and help guide you because I know how it feels! I understand the pain and the hurt! It is hard but YOU CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment