Monday, July 7, 2014

Homeschooling all year

I have been approached my many, MANY countless people to talk to me about my choice to homeschool - and my choice to homeschool year round. Well, here is my breakdown. I homeschool year round because it is better for my son. We are able to provide a better schedule for him and we can take breaks when it is convient for our family to do so. Sometimes the fall months are harder for us to maintain school, instead of the hot summers.

 

We are able to do school 4 days a week instead of 5. We are able to focus on things that he would need more help with.

 

I am able to take time out with both children and work with them on what they need to get done.

 

 

Sometimes it is a chore being around so many people that think that homeschooling is a bad choice. I guess lucky for them that they are not my child...

 

 

I will have to say this though, being with my children all the time has brought us closer together but also opens my eyes, as well as my husbands, on what our children really need.

 

 

Unsocialized??... Hardly! My kids speak to people with respect. We are getting involved in church and other groups with kids their ages. Sure, it may change how the 'scheduled day' works, but all is well that ends well. The kids have a good time, we as adults get to socialize with other adults that makes all this easier.

 

I have someone who constantly argues with me about what I am doing, how it is not fair that he does not get a summer break and that he has to do soo much schoolwork. Well, that is what is so great about schooling all year, breaks whenever, load up on work when it is good for us and slow down when we need to. No need to be so crunched when it comes to what we do.





What do you do when you are faced with the adversity of homeschooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment