Thursday, May 29, 2014

Curriculum

How do you use curriculum?


Man, is that a question or what?! I am still finding out that there are soo many different ways to homeschool your child! While I personally believe that you should have your child in a school type atmosphere and learn and grow - that may not work for you and your family.

My son wakes up every morning, does his chores, gets dressed and starts his morning work. With or without attitude LOL!

I buy, print and use many different materials to use for his schooling. I will be bringing you a lot of different links to printables and things that we use, I want to bring you a review of products that I use along with some other items.

Now, I do not just go and buy a box set and go with it. That does not work for us. I will ,however, buy a science workbook and then go find many different printables for the subjects in the workbook and attach it to the pages for extra learning and growing. I will also include videos and artwork into the lesson.

We cover 3-6 subjects a day depending on how we do things, he does have homework when he does not complete his work, and we do take tests! I know, I know! I am just horrible to be sitting here developing a great curriculum for him and making sure that he retains his information by short tests, spelling lists and unit vocabulary! I do what I feel is best for him and the family! I want to set him up for success in his life by giving him the best opportunity for growing and developing that awesome mind of his!


My curriculum varies. Sometimes I must go a grade 'below' where he is in order to get the information that I need - this works the other way too, I go a grade or two 'ahead' of him to get the proper information.



So I ask you - how do you use your curriculum? Do you buy the box sets? Do you make your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment